Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Countdown....4 months left




As the D-day is getting closer, my nerves are jittery. My moods seem to be like a roller-coaster;I am very excited sometimes and feel very depressed other times !
Is this normal ? Then again, I have never been normal;
so the question is kinda redundant.


Last month, I went through a phase of " Its too early to get Married".
Now I am looking forward to it :) . I should try convincing Vikram to write his blog as well.


I am bored to call home as the wedding seems to be the only topic my mom is interested in. I think she has been planning for this ever since I was born ! I am amazed at her enthusiasm; Right now, wedding cards are the topic. I finally relented to her demands to get involved in the process. All I had to do was hunt for wedding cards on google and give her my opinion. Simpler than I thought :)

Mom's great anxiety now is the length of my hair and its colour ! I have always had short hair and apparently thats not a good thing for an Indian bride...so now I am forced to keep it longer. Funny how it seems to have a mind of its own and does not grow when you want it to !! As I like to change the colour of my hair ( despite threats from mom), I am in an ackward situation. It was red till last month and now I am toning it down to browns hehehe. Sometimes, I think I should make it blonde just before I goto India....hahaha that would be a sight.

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.
Art is knowing which ones to keep.

7 comments:

Archana said...

Nice first entries :-). BTW, am I going to get credit for contributing to this blogging idea *bambi eyes*??

Also how about a countdown counter so can count right down to the minute of your wedding? I found one here:
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcount.html

Waiting for further updates. Yes, getting Vikram to add entries too would be a great idea!

Shilpa said...

Hey Archu,

I checked the counter...made me panic
again ! hehehe ... I guess I can do
without that reminder ;-)

I am going to ask Vikram to write his blog; but considering the fact that he does not even have time to email, I am
not too hopefull about it.

Shilpa said...

Sure...lets party....maybe a little
tequilla will also help :D

Chandrashekar said...

Chnage the heading .......

"Countdown ....4 months left... after 4 years waiting " :o)

~Me said...

Great One Shilpa!! :).. and will be a regular visitor to your blog for sure :).
take care!

Shilpa said...

Guys,

Thank you for ur comments...I have
been too busy to write the next blog...hopefully I shd be able to
write it in the weekend.

Shilpa said...

Hey KP,

hehehe well...my research abilities
peak in the evening and night; so
mornings are for Time Pass only :P
So, I don't think Dr.M shd have a problem with this....which reminds me thats its time for another blog...