Thursday, March 27, 2008

What to do in the next 10 years

Archana tagged me to write about my plans for the next 10 years. So, here is a list of 10 things I would like to do in the next 10 years, in no particular order.

1. Buy a house.
Hopefully I will have money saved up for it soon :-)
I would like to have a room where I can play my violin (so that no one complains).

2. Travel to Europe.
This is something I always wanted to do. I happened to watch a lot of Rick Steves travel shows recently and am inspired to travel to Europe more than ever. While on the topic, I would say I love his travel shows the best followed by samantha brown on travel channel.

3. Learn to Swim.
This has been on my list of things to learn for a long time, hopefully I learn it this summer. I love being in the water, sadly, never learned to swim.

4. Play in an orchestra.
As a child, whenever I heard violin concerts on the radio, I would aspire to play in a western orchestra. I still feel the same, hopefully with my baby steps, in learning western classical, I will achieve this goal.

5. Be fit.
Last year, has been very erratic and I've neglected the gym. I am making amends now and trying to get back to something I really enjoy. I hope to lose weight and be fit soon and continue being 'fit as a fiddle' over the years to come.

6. Career and Personal Growth.
Well, I just started working and hope to grow in my career. I've a few certification exams I am planning to take soon. Hopefully I will pass them hehehe. I also want to learn a foreign language and take some formal dancing classes with my hubby. I also want to learn to paint, don't know if I have the skills for it, but want to definitely give it a try.

7. Be a better person.
I've so much to improve and change in myself. I hope to be a better daughter, a better wife, a better friend and a better person each year. I hope to make new friends, keep in touch with my old friends, and share new experiences with the ones I love.

8. Spiritual Growth.
I've so many plans in this area, and I hope to achieve them. Someday, I would be able to dedicate atleast 10 minutes of my time to just meditate.

9. Enjoy Life.
In today's busy lifestyle, we sometimes, forget the simple pleasures in life. I hope to balance all the elements in life and enjoy the ride ! I would like to continue enjoying all outdoor activities, travel, hike, dance, enjoy good food and take life as it comes. I want to have a beautiful garden and a dog :-)

10. Be more organized.
I like being organized and am not happy over many of my current habits. I hope I improve and find time for all the things I want to do !

5 comments:

Archana said...

Hey - nalla irukku plans padikkavey :-)! Here's wishing that you get them all! You go girl :-D!!

SK said...

Ahaha Good points Shilpa.
Mine would look similar :--))

SK said...

Madame,
Too busy-a

Check out my blog for a surprise :--D

Shilpa said...

Archana,
Thanks !! Will give u an update each year hehehehe

SK,
hey hey...yeah i was kinda busy...
will chk :-)

Arun Sundar said...

Agreed on Samantha Brown part though :)