Thursday, September 21, 2006

Settling in....

After a lot of travelling this summer, I finally got back to my Grad life this month. As luck would have it, caught a bad cold which just refuses to leave ! I tried self-medication before things got out of hand. I never knew ears could get blocked because of cold ! My cold has improved but my ears are still blocked because of which many of my plans had to be cancelled :-(

Now that I am graduating this semester, there is a ton of research work yet to be done, long reports to be written and presentations as well. So I am basically too busy to blog regularly. On the bright side, I would be finally out of Grad school !

Watched Lage Raho Munna Bhai this week and really liked it ! Arshad Warsi as circuit is simply hilarious. Now I am waiting for Kabul Express to release.

My friend told me about a book sale today in the public library and I decided to tag along...just to see...not to buy. Ha ! The instant I saw the books stacked up in the basement, I went berserk and picked books till I could not carry them because of the weight. I knew it was time to head back. So much for resolutions not to buy ! The books were real cheap and that was my justification !

9 comments:

rads said...

I have the exact same reaction when I go to the book sales too. Once I even left the purse in the car only to trudge back and spend every dime I had. :(

congratulations - so now officially you can go around star-gazing? ;-p
*if i remember correctly that is?*

Shilpa said...

Rads,

Its too early to congratulate ! I've 2 months to finish !!

But when I do...yes I can do a lot of star gazing !

Archana Bahuguna said...

Good to see you blog. I was almost about to comment, "Time for a new blog" :-) but I resisted. :-) Good luck with your work and ur cold! You need to be careful now, winters are not so far, drink lots of hot soups etc... take care.

BZ said...

Hey Shilpa! :--) A post at last! :--)
Have a great final semester. Good luck.

Sree said...

aaaaaaawwww.. .the cold woes, I know then all too well... get well soon... and a biiiiiiiiiig wow for the books.. :-)

Shilpa said...

Madsies,
Long time ! Hope u r doing well !
Thanks for the wishes :)

Archana,
LOL yeah now I spend a lot of time writing other things than blogs :)
Thanks for the wishes and tips !

SK,
Thanks yaar !
I need it !!

Sush,
Yup cold is a pain.
I've lots of new books to read but sadly no time for them now...!
Anyway once I am done...I will hv a lot of time :))

Vivhyd said...

Munnabhai was good indeed.. hey hopefully ur work load will be soon over.. and u cud blog regularly then..

Shilpa said...

Hiren,
That was an interesting analysis in your blog ! Thanks for dropping by.

Vivek,
Well...it won't be over for a long time...I am cheering myself with the fact that it would all be over soon :)

Thanu said...

Feel better soon.

Inhale some steam with vicks in it.