Monday, August 07, 2006

Day 5 - The Cocktail Party and Dinner


The final event during our wedding was the cocktail party and dinner hosted by Vikram's Grandparents. I wore my favourite saree for this occasion - a deep pink saree with Kundan work. It was so simple and yet so pretty.

Vikram's Grandpa ( a retd coln ) gave a small speech and then we cut a cake. The dinner was yummy too. Everyone was finally relaxed and enjoyed the party.

A lot of planning and hard work went into the planning the wedding. I wanted a lot of things differently. Luckily for me, both my mother and mother-in-law were very supportive and let me have my way. Thanks to them, I had my dream wedding. Our clothes had co-ordinated colours. We bought all our clothes in Bangalore. I bought my jewellery after a lot of window shopping.

I realised that my mother had been planning my wedding since I was born ! I have to thank my parents for giving me such a beautiful wedding. My cousins, Shilpa and Anu helped me a lot throughout. My cousin, Andy, helped me with great ideas and suggestions. My friend, Pushpa, gave me the names of many stores for shopping. My friends, Archana and Prasanna helped me a lot during the wedding days. And ofcourse I had the wishes and support of friends and family. Thank you all !!

The 5 day wedding was finally over and my posts on the wedding series is finally complete :)

11 comments:

Prabhu said...

What about dance at the dinner?

And that saree is real pretty. (or probably was it u without makeup that did the trick :)

Archana said...

Yaaaay - applause :-))!

I loved the way you had planned your wedding so neatly. I was very surprised at how very few of the last minute tensions were there. It made the wedding into a very enjoyable experience for everyone! I had a lovely time all 3 days and am sooooooooooooo glad I could make it :-))!

I still can't believe you are married though - maybe I should call you "maami" on a regular basis to get that registered in my head ;-P!

Vivhyd said...

Actually reading wht archana wrote.. u look like a mammi no doubt.. :-) . Haha.. that was nice of u to share ur wedding experience.. good to know that it went as u wanted.. hey u get married only once (if u dont count the 60 yr, 80 yr etc).. so u shd do it the way u want.. right??

Archana Bahuguna said...

You look beautiful ... really nice saree...good to go thru the a/c ...have fun!

BZ said...

Hey Shilpa, nice account :--))
Cocktail party for wedding... wow!!
Wedding is once-in-a-lifetime occasion, great to know you had it the way you wanted :--))

Shilpa said...

Prabhu,
everyone was too tired to dance...!
everyone was just chilling !!!
hey btw i din't put make-up for the saree :)

Archu,
Thanks to my mom's obsession with planning ahead...everything went off well !
' maami' eh...well u know who hangs out with maami's...other maami's ( u ) muhahhahaha

Vivek,
Maami...?
Yeah marriage is a spl occasion and everyone has a different view on it.

Archana,
Thanks !

SK,
yes it was thatha's idea...and we all enjoyed ourselves :)

ashok said...

wow!!!

Prasanna said...

Yep! me too had a great time during ur wedding...It was the most organised, memorable and pleasent wedding I have attended so far :-)

Ginkgo said...

:-)

Shilpa said...

Ashok,
:)

Prasanna,
Thank u :)

Ginkgo,
:))

Sree said...

Hi Shilpa.. checked your blog from Saranya's site which I happenned to come across accidentally.. you guys are really cool and maintain great e-journals.. nice to know that people to spare some time from their hectic schedules to share it with the rest of the world who matter to them and have time to care..

Cool account of your wedding.. went through it really carefully, trying to pick a tip or two from that great event, which no doubt was a pleasure to the ones getting married and the ones attending it.

Once again, it was a pleasure going through those accounts.

Have fun in India. Enjoy!!