Thursday, July 27, 2006

Day 4 - The Reception in the evening


I was back in the Mandap to get ready for the evening. I was to be ready promptly by 7pm. I was so exhausted that I feel asleep for a few minutes while getting ready. I asked for food before going to the reception. Turns out, nothing was ready for evening and nothing was left-over from morning ! Crap ! All that was there was curd-rice; which I happily ate !

I had made a big fuss about the *reception chair*. Normally you would a see hideous red color chair with golden color arm rest. I abhor that chair. I refused to come for the reception if that chair was present. Finally they found one more that was atleast bearable.

I wore a maroon color gagra for the reception while Vikram wore a Sherwani. I was ready on time. But I was so exhausted that I did not have the energy to smile. So, I smiled in the first few pictures; slowly that progressed to no smile; then stare blankly; then scowl and finally closing the eyes and sleep ! Needless to say The pictures are awful ! LOL when I think back now. To top it off, the photographer took awful pictures. I got so depressed when I saw how terrible I looked in the reception pictures ! Everyone convinced me that I looked different in person. Hmmm.

I was suggesting to everyone that from next time, the couple getting married should just make a cut-out of themselves for the pictures. That way, they would look good, have a nice smile and not get tired ! Those who are getting married in future - please consider my idea and save yourself a lot of trouble!

Our reception started promptly at 7pm. Archana and Prasanna were the first to come and pose with us. Then P went back to Chennai and A went to her friend's house after dinner. I had to stand and pose for eternity. No respite. I wore high heels and so my feet were killing me too ! After standing close to three hours, we were finally let go !

Dinner was good. Its strange that the couple getting married eat in the end. The chaat was over. We had different varieties of food that night; south indian starters like dosa, north indian chaat, chinease food, north indian and south indian food. Desserts ofcourse. I got a sample of most of it; but I was so tired that I din't care what I was eating !

4 days of the 5 day wedding were successfully over !

10 comments:

Prasanna said...

archu and I one of the first ones to go scouting for food...it was yummmm...does that make u feel any better ;0)

Archana Bahuguna said...

Looking good, both of ya. :-) And by all your description of food, I now feel very very hungry.

Shilpa said...

Prasanna,
how would u hogging while I starve make me feel better ?

Archana,
Thanks !
The talk of delicious food always makes me hungry !

BZ said...

>> I wore high heels and so my feet were killing me too ! After standing close to three hours, we were finally let go !

Ah, so true! During my wedding, I removed my high heels and stood barefoot towards the end of the reception. The saree covered my feet.

And we had three receptions in total!! :--( Me too just stoppped smiling half way. Smiled only if I knew the folks coming up. :--))

And you guys make a cute pair.

Vivhyd said...

LOL with the changing mood - from bright smile to scowl.. Oh god - it seems so tough and ur description of everything scares me..even thgh nothing is on the horizon as yet but u have succcesfully scared me to death.. haha..

Archana said...

You definitely looked nicer in person as compared to the pics :-) - but pics are not too bad either. I did not stay long enough to notice the scowl in the reception but I do remember P and me having a good laugh at your "I can't take this anymore" pose towards the ending stage of the posing after the wedding in the morning :-))!

And yup, when P and I went, most of the food stalls had just been set up and we had garam garam food - yummmmy :-D! Sigh, I feel hungry now :-(!

Prasanna said...

hey, u don understand...I am trying to "verupethify" U

Syam said...

made for each other :-)
I don't wanna say anything about the food...coz am already craving for our traditional food.. :-)

Prabhu said...

Andha maroon color ghaghra la irukura ponnu yaaru??

Shilpa said...

SK,
I did the same stunt with my heels after sometime ! Good way to look tall and endure lesser pain eh ?
U had 3 receptions ? ! Whao...thats a lot !

Vivek,
Well...it was not meant to scare ppl...nyways this is mostly for the 'brides'...the grooms hv it easy !

Archana,
Well u dint miss a lot...I was very irritated and started throwing tantrums !

Prasanna,
Err...I was trying to ignore ur 'verupetifying' comments :-P

Syam,
Thanks !
Yeah I miss the food...I think the best way to enjoy wedding food is attend somebody's wedding :-)
( compared to the couple getting married - they usually miss out on a lot of fun)

Prabhu,
vera yaru...naa daan :-p