Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Blogging from Dubai

Well folks, after having lived without internet for well over a month now, I finally got the internet connection today morning !

Some sites like orkut is banned here ! Google comes in Arabic and I am trying to change the settings...but since everything comes in arabic...I can't even make out what the options are !

So, from now on, I will be blogging regularly. Life here is awesome ( esp since its with V).
My bday was fun. V bought me a very cute looking cake from Baskin and Robins. He took the day off. In the evening, we went out for dinner to an awesome Indian restaurant called 'Ashas' . It is owned by Asha Bhosle. The place was superb. The ambience was great. Food and service was excellent. Location and music was great too. The restaurant is in a mall which is built like the pyramids. I was simply bowled over. My digi-cam takes awful night time pics, so I'm planning to go there in
the day and take more pics sometime.


12 comments:

kuttichuvaru said...

nice... happy to hear u r havin a wonderful time!! keep posting :-)

Prabhu said...

hey
good to see you back :)

Google in arabic???
Thank god they dont do this word verification in arabic, that would be worse :(

Syam said...

Welcome back...have a fantastic time there..

LOL.. @ Prabhu :-)

Shilpa said...

Kutti,
yup yup i will lots to blog abt :-)

Prabhu,
LOL...!
Yeah I guess it could be worse....on the brighter side maybe I can pick up a little bit of Arabic too :-P

Syam,
Thanks !

Shilpa said...

Just got to know from my friend Prasanna that India has blocked ' Blog sites' !!! Thats so ridiculous !!!

kuttichuvaru said...

u think so?? nah.... jus like my bad movie-worse movie-worst movie betterment, these guys will come up with more crap to emerge victorious!!

Archana Bahuguna said...

Fun to see you back.. n belated wishes for your birthday ... (wished u on orkut) hope u having a great time!

Archana said...

Welcome back :-D! And here is a medal and a certificate from me! You are still alive and well after not being able to access the internet for a month :-P!

Vijay Ramamurthi said...

holaaaaaa...welgome bag :)
have lotsaaaa fun :)

Vivhyd said...

hey good to c u back.. and have fun .. Dubai is a nice place no doubt.. enjoy and do post pics..

BZ said...

Hey Shilpa! Happy Bday again! And grrreat to know you are having a good time ;-))

Shilpa said...

Kutti,
hmm...i guess everything is relative !

Archana,
Thanks a ton for the wishes ! Yes, I had a great time :-)

Archu,
LOL thanks for the honor :-P

Vijay,
! Gracias !

Vivek,
yup i will post pics soon.

SK,
Thanks a lot !!