Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Bangalore Times

My flight to Bangalore was uneventful. No adventures for a change. The weather was perfect. My cousins visited me for a few days, so it was party time everyday. I ate awesome food, visited all the new shops on Commercial Street. Watched ' Krrish' in the theatre near my house. I liked the movie; it was total masala. Before I could realise how time was flying, I got my Dubai visa. Yipee. The long wait was finally over.

The visa confused me. My name was really long - it read Mrs. Shilpa S-- P--- N--- S-- . Turns out they 'append' Fathers name to the applicant's name ! So this name of mine had more than 50 characters !! LOL.

One more strange thing about the visa, there was a category called occupation and it was entered 'housewife' by default !!! It got me hopping mad for sometime. Till I realised that is what I was here for another month.

Flew to Dubai on July 1st.

3 comments:

kuttichuvaru said...

more than 50 characters-aa?!?! LOL!!

Prabhu said...

housewife -- LOL :)

house cleaning full in-charge?? :D

Shilpa said...

Kutti,
yup thats one long name... !!

Prabhu,
Ah u r reading between the lines I see...!