Monday, June 19, 2006

Out of the blues...

After the sudden decision I made last week, my mood is back to normal ( almost). I got calls from many friends who read the blog - Thank you ! And all the encouraging words from fellow-bloggers helped me feel a lot better ! Thank you !!!

So, after I bought the ticket, I began to shop ( I just needed an excuse). Now, I've so much stuff for everyone that I hope they would fit into the suitcases !!

On Friday, I picked up my tickets and planned to meet my friends in Dallas. I told K that I would meet her in Valley View Mall. The only problem was that we din't know where it was. So, I decided to pull into another small mall and instructed her to do the same. I thought we could ask someone as we were close to it. I got out of my car and then realised that I had locked myself out !! My keys were on the passenger seat ! How could I be so stupid ? ! ? I wanted to kick myself. I calmed down and called AAA ( ha..I was paying for it and here was a chance to finally use it). The AAA guy came in 40mts while K and I waited and he unlocked the car in a few minutes. It was so easy to open the passenger window and insert that rod to open the door ! I was stunned realising how easy it was to steal a car or break-in !!

Then Saturday was spent in shopping too. On Sunday, I did something interesting - went to a musical drama called 'Bombay Dreams'. Yes, the same one for which the music was composed by AR Rahman and Andrew Lloyd Webber. This was the first time I was watching a play in the US and I was very excited. We got balcony seats and I hoped that I would be able to see atleast a little bit. I was reminded of the 'opera' scene in ' Dil Chahtha Hai'. Many people were dressed in formals and gowns. My friend S and I were suddenly conscious of our ' casual clothes'. It was nice to see so many Americans attend an Indian play; some were even dressed in salwar-kameez and kurtis. The theatre was huge and crowded.

The play began and it was superb. The songs were awesome. The costumes were so colourful ! The dances were good. The lights and background added to its brilliance. It was like watching a movie except that it was live. The show lasted for a little over two hours and it was a success. That was the last day it was playing in Dallas. So, if this play is coming to your city - watch it ( unless you hate songs because it is a musical).

Monday was the day of errands and now I am left with packing before leaving to India on Wednesday. This time, I am flying directly to Bangalore and so I'm very thrilled. Everyone back home is also excited. Weekend should be fun.

I will be blogging with India stories soon !

24 comments:

Prasanna said...

WELCOME home buddy!

Archana Bahuguna said...

Locking myself out of a car is something I have done a thousand times :-) :-) and using a scale or a small twig or danda and opening the car door is now a smooth sail for me ... see the merits of being "absent minded" (err ... I never call that stupid)?

Incidentally I blogged around this topic yesterday :-)will write about car keys stories soon ... but u know that forgetfulness of mine (touch wood) almost vanished after I got married and i got sooo conscious of it in front of my near perfect totally disciplined no mistakes mother in law :-) :-).

Archana Bahuguna said...

And yes, Bombay dreams , heard of it a lot ... always wanted to watch it ..I am sure it was good ...

and have a great journey and fun in india!

(Geez! My comment is almost a blog)

Prabhu said...

"Now, I've so much stuff for everyone that I hope they would fit" -- You booked tkts 4 days bak && the shopping has exceeded 100 pounds aaa??
Anyayathuku shop panriyee...

Have a safe trip and enjoy while at India/Dubai.
Do keep us updated :)

BZ said...

Hey Shilpa,
YOu have a great trip!!! :)

My friend locked himself out of his car, and I called up AAA. The guy came and did the same rod thingie, and apparently he dint do it right, so my friends passenger car is jammed now! He cant open it at all. He is too lazy to fix it too. So you are lucky your car didnt get screwed. :--)

Hope you continue blogging from India too, though I know it is tough :--)

Vivhyd said...

hey shilpa.. good to see u cheerful again.. have load of fun back home and have a great trip.. ah so u locked urself out of ur car.. ur adventures seems to be continuing frm toronto .. :-).. Keep bloggin.. as for bombay dreams.. forget that.. yday I went to watch WWE Monday Night Raw.. Nothing can beat that.. 10k+ crowd screaming on top of our voices.. Amazing experience.. will probably never get over it.. will blog abt it later.. take care

Shilpa said...

Prasanna,
Thanks ! Maybe I will come to Chennai and meet u :-)

Archana,
Ah well if you do it more than once, I think its absent-mindedness !! Good to know there are other ppl out there like me ! ( My MIL is not so perfect and so I'm under no pressure to one heheheh).
Thanks for the wishes...!

Prabhu,
No no..u c my own stuff ( clothes, books, cosmetics, chappals, handbags) will be 50 pounds atleast...so thats leaves me with just 50 pounds of things for others ! And since I'm going for a long time..lugging a lot of things :-)

SK,
Ah..it could hv been worse ! Heheheh.
Hey I will surely blog from India.

Vivek,
WWE - I hv only one word for it ' yikes' ( is that a word). I would rather sit at home on a beautiful day and study for the most boring course that watch that thing ! Too violent for my taste !! Good that u enjoyed !

Vivhyd said...

it may not be ur taste but its not yikes!.. too dismiss it as violence is kiddish.. so r the movies.. if u want violence then thts ECW.. anyways.. opinions differ..

Shilpa said...

Vivek,
It just scares me dude...I can't take so much of dishum-dishum...and since all they do is beat each other to pulp...its kinda weird...our drama tastes differ thats all ! heheheh

Vivhyd said...

well.. i dont want to go about explaining all that but they dont go abt beating each other to pulp mindlessly.. but then am not trying to influence u.. if u look in a different way than its told when we r young tht its violence, u wud knw more abt it.. believe me.. i have done Phd dissertation on that.. am a peace lovig guy myself, wudnt suggest violence to anyone :)..

Shilpa said...

Vivek,
PhD on violence ? Well dude...watever makes u happy !

Archana said...

Aaaaah - I am right now soooooooooo jealous of you that I can't even think of nice farewell words.

Well, I will take a deep breath and say from deep within my heart: Have a lovely, lovely trip back home :-D. Remember me and get me lots of gifts from Dubai :-P!!

Vivhyd said...

Not on violence mam.. on wht actually does on in WWE. and after wht i saw yday .. its definitely not violence.. anyways..

Vivhyd said...

//actually does on in WWE//

tht shd read actually goes on in WWE

kuttichuvaru said...

Hav a nice trip bak home!! n hav loads of fun!!

Ginkgo said...

ah boy...cry baby:-)

How long is the India trip...:-)

and why is it such a big hassle getting a visa to Dubai( rite?/)

ashok said...

hope to see some spicy posts :)

Vijay Ramamurthi said...

whoa!!!!!!!..India..great.....have fun...eat sleep and have lotsaaaa fun :)

Rajesh said...

shilpa,

Welcome home!!!Have loads of fun!! and keep posting ur Indian endeavours...Wondering how many you would have in India..when u have had so many in US itself??? Our country is full of eventful days!!!!..so all the best!!!

Shilpa said...

Archu,
Thanks da ! I know wat to get for u...a dvd of Jaani Dushman hhahahha !!

Kutti,
Thanks !

Gingko,
Its no big deal to get the visa but things just mess for me (paper work) and so this is one of them :-P

Ashok,
we'll see...

Vijay,
Thanks !!!

Rajesh,
Yeah I'm sure I will hv tons.

Shilpa said...

UPDATE:

Leaving in a few hours and I am still packing...this is my all time record for packing late ( I usually begin to think about packing only 24 hours before the flight) - chaos...confusion...but wat the hell....I am going home...even if I forget anything - it dosent matter...I can shop there heheheh

Syam said...

Have a safe & wonderful trip... :-)

Archana said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you :-D! How does it feel to be 27 - heehehhehehe ;-)!

Vivhyd said...

Happy Birthday Shilpa.. Hope u r having a good time..