Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Aftermath of the semester

After endless cribbing about how long and hectic spring semester was; it finally ended. I finished my last exam on Thursday afternoon. Had some other things to turn in by Friday and then I was free. Free finally ! ! Phew.

So, on Friday night, I met up R and K, we went to a Mediterranean restaurant called Fadi's, for dinner. Strangely I found a lot of food to eat inspite of being a vegetarian. The food was good. We then decided to go clubbing and finally decided upon Lizard Lounge simply because we wanted to listen to Trance/Techno. LL was having a special treat that day. A group called Above and Beyond were performing live. The DJ was spinning his superb music. The music was simply out of the world for trance lovers. There was some performance by dancers too. The 3 of us danced ( or rather jumped) a lot till our legs pleaded mercy. We headed back home in a happy note. I liked the music so much, that I bought one of their albums on i-tunes the next day and listen to it religiously.

I could not wake up early on Saturday. My friend P was graduating in the morning. The poor guy tried calling me but I seemed to be in a 'trance', hehehe. But I woke up in time for lunch. Went to Madras Pavilion for their delicious lunch buffet. Hogged. Then went to drop S in his house. It was so hot outside that we decided to stay in his house and watch a movie. We saw ' Harold and Kumar go to new castle'. LOL. Found it very funny.

After that, everything just falls into the category of time pass - wake up late, have tea, start watching movies, chit-chat, kill time.

Finished the Da Vinci quest. No I was not a finalist. :-( But my friend V is. Yaay ! I will get to see the cryptex. And yeah I cut my hair to a 'short' style to suit the Texas summer. Ahhh. Blissful break.

I've forgotten all about research, which I've to continue again tomorrow. But I am recharged and refreshed.

p.s I din't have any blogging ideas and so din't put any new post. Got an ear-full from Archu and so decided to write :-P


12 comments:

Prasanna said...

hey welcome back! missed u online....

Prabhu said...

Congrats on the semester getting over.
I love Mediterranean food especially the baba-ganesh and the falafel vadai.

I dont think any of my friends have got the cryptex - so let us know how the cryptex is, viz ur blog.

Shilpa said...

Prasanna,
Good to be back too :-)

Prabhu,
LOL @ ur comment on Baba-Ganesh and falafel vadai.

kuttichuvaru said...

welcome bak!! n LOL@ prabhu's babu-ganesh!!

Archana said...

Welcome back girl :-)! And mariyadhaiyaa stay put!

Shilpa said...

Kutti,
Thanx ! Hey came to ur blog and ur song contest seems to be going on and on...how many more ? ( I can't read Tamil that well :p )

Obla,
Its *our* friend 'V' ... good ol Vasa...who's on the way to Texas at this moment :-D

Archu,
Yes ma'm !

BZ said...

Shilpa! :)
Enjoy maaaadi. And too bad about the finals of the Quest.

And no new blogging ideas? Ma'am what happened to the wedding series, is that over? And the teacher series too!

Vivhyd said...

welcome back n enjoy ur break while researching.. as saranya pointed out u have lots to write isnt it?

Shilpa said...

SK,
Wedding series - too depressing as I start missing hubby. So, I will continue that later.
Teacher series - hmm..I could write

Vivek,
Its not that I ran out of ideas...just plain lazy heheheh...

kuttichuvaru said...

hey, tats y i put the english version of the words too!!

btw, ppl like it, so its gonna go for sometime n i hav moved it to another location :-)

http://towserpandi.blogspot.com

there is one posted today!! take a shot!!

Archana Bahuguna said...

Looks like you had a great weekend and the much needed break! :-) Have fun and hope to see more of your blogs from now on (while doing research). :-)

Shilpa said...

Archana,

Blogging and Research work go hand in hand ;-)