Monday, May 22, 2006

Just another weekend...

Had just another busy weekend.

On Friday, I did a little shopping. Then went to the Shirdi Sai Baba Temple in Plano, which was simply superb. Although it was very small, the vibrations were very good and it felt good just to be there. We stayed till the last aarthi for the day. After that, we headed to Chettinad Palace for a late dinner. Food was good but the salt was very less for some reason. This was followed by a bad rush back home and more importantly to the AMC theater to watch Da Vinci Code. As Murphy's law would have it, we were delayed and reached the place at 11:10pm ( the show was at 11). A few more friends were waiting for me as I had the tickets. I quickly exchanged the tickets for the next show. We got good seats and settled in for a long night.

I liked the movie. It was good. Not superb. I felt is slowed down in the middle as they were trying to explain the story to those who have not read the book. I was thrilled to finally look at the places mentioned in the book.

On Saturday, I woke up late and was just lazing. My friend V came with the cryptex ( its identical to the one they hold in the movie - heavy for its size and superb). Then while V sat and solved the final quest, R, K and I did some time pass. The final round was just like the earlier puzzles; more complicated and no other questions were asked. Just complicated puzzles. For example, the sudoku had 9 symbols ! There was no observation round. The final jigsaw was most intriguing - the pictures changed every second ! So, it was very distractive ! After he solved it, we decided to go for dinner. As it was late, we had limited options - finally chose chilies.

I decided to experiment and got a quesidilla explosion modified for a vegetarian. I din't quite expect what I got. There were 4 slices of quessidilas in the side ( very small). In the center, was a big heap. It looked more like a nest. I was trying to figure out what it was when the waiter asked me, ' how is your salad'. End of mystery. The nest like heap had mostly tortilla chips shredded in various colours; had a few corn pieces; some beans; some lettuce. Sigh ! What a sad dinner. After a hour, the nest still looked the same as I was just picking off the corn pieces. Then I gave up and left it.

On Sunday, we went to the mall and did loads of shopping. After that we went to Taj Chaat house in Irving. The chaat was ok, not too great. But I had the most amazing masala dosa. It was the best I had ever eaten in the US ! The guy made is with a little ghee and gave sambar, chutney, molagapodi etc. It was simply superb.

It looks like pretty much all I did was eat in different places during the weekend.

And finally, here is a quiz question ( sorry no prizes )

Can you identify the two bollywood stars in this picture ?

For more info, click here

16 comments:

Archana said...

LOL :-D! Kareena looks like a round bonda - hmm, I was much thinner as a kid (small joys in life)...

Nalla enjoy pannu!

Ginkgo said...

waah...is tht kareena......
gosh......

Letz see which gym in Bombay manages to get hold of this pic and use her as their brand ambassdor..:-D

Shilpa said...

Madsies,
Excellent answers !!

Archu,
I was ROFL when I saw the pic...if i were kareena I would have burnt the pic and not uploaded it a website :-P

Gingko,
I am amazed at how much weight she has lost....!
They can surely make a nice ' before - after ' pic for any gym!!

Prabhu said...

Wow! Shirdi Temple, huh? Didnt know one existed in TX. Have you been to the Mylapore one? I frequent there and find calm inside the temple even when its bustling!
"how is your salad'. End of mystery" -- LOL :)
And I figured out Kareena's nick was Amul Baby :) Very apt!

Shopping, eatng out, movies, eating out... someone sure is enjoying her break from school.

Sayesha said...

Watch out! The Kapoor sisters are gonna sue you! :D

Shilpa said...

Prabhu,
Yes i've been to that temple. I used to also goto the Vivekananda Kendra in Mylapore with my grandmom.
'amul baby' eh...hehehhe

Sayesha,
Any publicity is good publicity for them.

Prasanna said...

solid pic eh! wish I knew the secret how these ppl jus reduce to half....

Archana Bahuguna said...

Good yaar, seems like you are a foodie, or at least you like to try new things ...

Da vinci code, umm ... accd to the hype created, the movie wasnt that great. It was not captivating. I kept losing interest in between. i think the only movie that has done justice to a book is LOTR!

And this Karishma and Kareena thing, I dont know why, but I think Kareena looks better like this. Her rounder face suits her features better. (Serious, not kidding).

Vivhyd said...

That was easy with the bollywood thing - Karishma and Kareena.. I saw Karishma up close and she was so ugly.. tht was so long back thgh.. and as for Kareena.. she looks like a fat spoiled kid.. she didnt look that great too.. I remember once she had come on NDTV... without make up.. almost made me puke... makeup can do wonders huh.. good to knw abt ur weekend.. u r so lucky with getting to eat Indian food etc.. up here - whtever is there isnt the best.. :(.. this weekend am gonna have a rollicking time thgh (gng to CA, Vegas).. :D.. Cant wait..

Vivhyd said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BZ said...

Aha Shilpa! Enjoy!
See thats why I miss school :)
Slog for a few months sure, but you get to reward yourself with a vacation after the sloggin is over :)

kuttichuvaru said...

whoa. is tat Kareena?? man, looks like I cant believe any pretty women ;-)

ashok said...

wer did u find those pics...K is too funny :)

Shilpa said...

Prasanna,
I had the question in my mind :-P

Archana,
Yeah I love to try out new places ( though it mostly ends in disasters).
The movie was slow compared to the book. I agree with you. LOTR is a classic !!

Kareena looks better chubby ? Hmmph...she looks terrible either ways.

Vivek,
Have a good trip !

Shilpa said...

SK,
Yeah thats the best part in school...another cool point are the long breaks.

Kutti,
Just because of 'one' , you cannot conclude about all 'pretty' women....either way it dosent matter because Kareens is surely not in the category of 'pretty'...or do u think otherwise ?

Ashok,
My friend sent it to me...its from a Kareena website.

Syam said...

Kareena looks better...hee hee