Monday, October 10, 2005

Books......


I am a book worm. I have always been one. I love to read and collect books. One of my dreams is to have a big library filled with books and a cosy couch. Ahh...heaven !

My first novel was " Jane Eyre". My mom bought it for me so that she could inculcate good habits in me ( actually she wanted me to stop watching TV). Anyway, this was in 2nd std and I was not too happy to be forced to read a novel which had no pictures. It was a S.Chand abridged version and it took me 2 days to finish it. Then, I was hooked. I read all the classics by the same publisher voraciously. I still have all those books. My favorite classics are Little Women and Rebecca.

Then came the magic of Enid Blyton. I loved all her books right from secret seven, famous five to malory towers. By then I was in 6th std and slowly started reading detective books; Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys ofcourse. Now, I feel the stories were so silly but at that age, it was a whole new world for me. I had a very crazy habit, after reading each Nancy Drew, I would write down the killer's name in my diary. I was also trying to finish all her books. Ofcouse I never did, I think I reached around 125 ordinary novels and a few more case files before losing interest in them.

Then I read randomly and that trend still continues; I find it very hard to put down a book if it is interesting; I don't mind staying awake all night, forgo sleep and food; after all, it is for a good cause. I like books by Sidney Sheldon, Arthur Hailey, Robin Cook, Agatha Christie, PG Wodehouse and lots of others. A special mention ofcouse about the Harry Potter series. Right now, I am reading the 'Lord of the Ring' series.

I also love to read comics especially Asterix & Obelix , Calvin & Hobbes and Tintin. There is so much hidden pun and trivia in Asterix comics that I discover something new everytime I read them. Age is indeed no factor to enjoy them. Loved them when I was 10 yrs and still love them !

I love books !

1 comment:

Shilpa said...

Yup ...Asterix comics are very funny for kinds of age groups :-)