Monday, October 03, 2005

Tall Tales


How important is height for a girl ? Well, if the girl is Indian like me, it is not really that important. An ideal girl (read 'prospective bride') is expected be fair, thin and pretty. Well I guess 'pretty' can be relaxed too ( cos being fair is sometimes mixed up with pretty !! ). Anyways coming back to my point, no one cares about the girl's height. In fact, the shorter she is, the better it is ! I think since most Indian guys are not tall either, they feel intimidated by tall girls.

Ever since I was a kid, I was always tall for my age. I had no complains towering above my peers. But sadly silly relatives had other ideas. I still remember many aunts and other painful people always teasing and making fun of me because I was tall ! I mean...wat is their problem ? I have heard comments like 'she has to be nailed down or we will never find a groom for her !' It was very annoying that time. In fact, thanks to all their curses, I stopped growing lengthwise somewhere in 8th standard. Which is very tragic, cos I started growing breadthwise !! And this growth has not stopped even now :-(

So, one of my biggest regrets is that I wanted to be atleast 5'9" and I never made it to that mark. I am glad that Vikram is tall and so I don't have to hear any comments about how tall I am. And ofcourse, I get to wear heels.

So, do Indian guys like tall girls ? Or do they like short, docile girls ? Well....I guess the height requirement is also relative.

2 comments:

Chandrashekar said...

Yakkoooooooooooo I like tall girls.....My fience is 5.8' :O)

My mom will have options before calling one to get uttensils from kictchen attic......or to draw "Lakshman Rekha " in any part of the house....etc..etc..

Prabhu said...

"Which is very tragic, cos I started growing breadthwise !! And this growth has not stopped even now :-(" --

LOL :)
Nice posts you got in ur early stages of bloggging, errr, I meant it was always nice :D