Tuesday, April 18, 2006

What Ho !

Well, its Tuesday and I am still surviving Grad School.

On Friday, I went to the mall in the afternoon and did some guilt-free shopping. We then watched 2 movies - taxi no 9-2-11 ( It was good) and Hawas ( crap). Will review in detail after exams. For dinner, K suggested a Mexican appetizer. She got the recipe from a Hispanic lady and we were very excited to try it. Take a plate of round nachos; top it with fresh salsa; add some guacamole if you have it; top that with melted cheese dip ( the one you get with nachos in Mexican restaurants - queso dip); then you top that with some shredded cheese. Now you microwave the whole thing till the shredded cheese just melts. Very fattening. Very tasty. Yum.

K, B and I dived into the nachos without any guilt. As we were watching a movie, we did not realise how much we had over-eaten. My stomach finally sent a distress signal and I could not eat any more. I reached the stage where the mere sight of food would make me puke. After a couple of hours we had the vanilla cake that I made with a secret ingredient to make it really soft.

Then on Saturday afternoon, we watched 15th Park Avenue - a brilliant movie. Very arty and abstract. I was very fascinated with the end. More details next time. Then after all the fun, it was back to slogging. The rest of the weekend was spent with books. Have a take home exam tomorrow and a in-class exam on Friday.

The Da Vinci google quest started yesterday. Yeah I am playing it ( how could I miss it ?). It seems far more interesting than my course work :-P

12 comments:

Prabhu said...

Eating Mexican always gets me close to the puke feeling. And ur recipe involves nachos, melted cheese dip, shredded cheese... Wow, what else did u expect.

Didnt know about the davinci code quest, dont know whats the symbol on langdon's eyes still :( Any pointers?

Vivhyd said...

Normally, once we eat a lot, the next hour or so we just tent to hate the sight of food but after an extra hr, we again love it. If u wanna avoid buying too much junk food etc, the saying goes tht we must do our grocery shopping when we are full.. So much cheese wud only make it worse.. I happ to watch taxi no 9211 yday :).. time pass movie.. Nana Patekar as usual was very good.. hope u do well in ur exams

kuttichuvaru said...

Nachos, huh?!?! u make me hungry now!!

Da vinci quest is interesting!! hav done the first 2!!

@ prabhu: when u get tat question, it says, "a visit to www.sodarktheconofman.com would help".... try that ;-)

Shilpa said...

Prabhu,
u can follow's kutti's suggestion...or even look up the book if u have it.
Clue: Its the symbol for male

Vivek,
Well we get a phase of eating junk food...and then the guilty feeling would prevent from further binging :-)

Kutti,
same here :-) the first two were simple...waiting eagerly for the rest...it says that the questions will increase in difficulty each day...

Archana said...

Hey, I tried the quest too :-D...and just like you, I did not read the instructions at first and then was blinking as to why nothing would happen after I completed the puzzle...hehehehe! Am now onto the third puzzle now which I will probably do tonight!

And as usual, good luck with all ur umpteen stuff! And boy, am I glad I am out of grad school :-P!

Shilpa said...

Yeah I finished the third...its so addictive...i wait nervously for 12 here so that i can see the next question hehehhe

Archana Bahuguna said...

Good luck Shilpa for ur exams and HWs ... :-)

As for Da Vinci, yeah I heard of that quest too ... Google is smart. I am choosing to be lazy on it though (what lazy, I havnt read the book!), so I'll just go watch the movie :-).

And thanks for the mexican recipe yaar :-), I love mexican food. Also, when u said secret ingredient in the cake, you dint mean it, right ;-)?

Shilpa said...

Archana,

Thanks ! I need all the luck for the exams...esp the one on friday...

Try the Nachos recipe..its yummy :-)
Abt the cake..hehehe...i meant it...as I was in the mood to mess arnd..I added something to the cake...hence the result was delicious :-)
Do u want to guess what is it ?

BZ said...

Hey Shilpa, I thought you were swamped with hw?! And you spent the weekend eating and watching movies? [Thats to make you feel guilty *chuckle*]


Me playing Da Vinci Quest too. AH! Now I cant wait for the movie!! :)

Shilpa said...

Rahul,
Gym ? (Sheepish Grin)...appidina enna ? hehehe...well i am going to the gym...esp to burn all the junk food i eat :-P

SK,
u sounds like my mom...her logic is study for the whole day/night. Nyways I am good at multi-tasking..and watching movies kinda fuel Grad life...don't u agree ?

Shilpa said...

Madsies,
Will try ur nachos recipe this weekend :-)

T said...

I just love Mexican food! It's so yummy! Taxi 9211 was a good movie...so is Being Cyrus..catch it. Will watch 15PA sometime..since you seem to have liked it...follow your reco...cheers