Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's day ? ! ?


I can never really understand why so much hype is created on Valentine's Day. I suppose florists and greeting card companies benefit a great deal.

I spoke to Vikram earlier yesterday night and he was trying to annoy me by acting all soppy for Valentine's Day. I strongly believe that I don't need someone to tell me which day I am supposed to send flowers and candies to a loved one. Hey, everyday is Valentine's Day for me !

So I was up till 4am today. It has nothing to do with V- day. I had a homework due today afternoon and a research meeting in the morning. Being a person who does everything in the 11-th hour, I just had to burn the midnight oil. Sigh ! I reached a stage where my mind could not do any more math and so I dozed off only to be awakened by someone knocking. It felt like someone pounding my head. I woke up and realized it was 9:10am. Oh my gosh, I had a meeting at 9am !!!! So began a mad scramble to get ready. I gave up my usual cup of tea in order to save time. I reached my professors office after an hour. Only to be told that I was late and he had some errands to do. He said that we should meet in the afternoon.

And so V- day has begun on a bad note. Not that I care much about it.

And now I feel getting flowers on a boring day might just cheer me up :-)

10 comments:

Archana said...

You asked for it! Happy valentine's day, Shilpa :-P!

Shilpa said...

Ahh Archu...u made my day da !

I wrote a review abt Neal N Nikki...chk it out :-)

Unknown said...

here is one more for u..shilpa....

http://www1.msn.americangreetings.com/display.pd?bfrom=1&prodnum=3024018&path=25524

Shilpa said...

Nice card Barry...but its a little too strong on sentiments :-)

Ginkgo said...

poor valentine...
He might consider suing u for trying to get rid of the 'val day' thingie...and spoiling the one day tht ppl remember him for..:P

BZ said...

Hehe! :)
Happy V-day

Shilpa said...

Hey I am not against V day...all I said is that there is too much hype abt it..thats all...

Being a hopeless romantic myself...I don't need a particular day to feel all lovey dowey :-)

Ginkgo said...

hopeless romantic..
maan tht looks a lot like 'kallu' speak..

'I dunno nothing'

When I heard that for the first time...maan I really went bonkers..

prolly my first sem in school and I was a teaching assistant in the lab..
This dumbo kallu..had no idea as to what I was teaching,..and so asked him a simple q..

and his reply was ' I dunno nothing man'..

I blinked at him and he was already doin that..and the rest of class was all excitedly lookin at us..

and I asked him..'so what do u knw'

and he again goes and says..I told ya.. I dunno nothing'...

sure well....u can imagine how tht ended:D

Shilpa said...

Hahah...yeah I've heard similar lingo...

logic said...

Hey Shilpa belated V day wishes