Sunday, November 13, 2005

Ethiopian cuisine....


When Santu suggested that we try a new Ethiopian restaurant on saturday, we agreed unanimously. The restaurant was called Kereje and is on Greenville Ave in Dallas (near Al-Amir). It was the first time that we were trying this cuisine (except Santu).

The restaurant was not very crowded; the decor was quite different. Each table seemed to be inside a hut. It was dimly lit. The music was different ( I din't like it too much). I din't have difficulty in deciding what to eat; there was only one veggie dish. Both the Rahuls ordered some lamb dish. Everything arrived on an injera bread; which was just like rava dosa, only it was cold. The dosa oops injera tasted good with all the toppings ; there were 2 kinds of chutneys; some beans and cabbage curry (tasted very Indian). Could not see too many details about the food cos of the dim lights (were they trying to save electricity bills? ). The Veggie combo was pretty good. The lamb dish on the other hand turned out to be not so easy to chew. :-)


5 comments:

Ginkgo said...

we went to an ethiopian rest near my place...

I did like the Injera bread and the vege dish..ther was a combo of 3 dishes...

one seemed like daal, another like a beans+ peas mix and another like some mashed potato stuff..

But I liked them though..:-)
Itz a diff matter that none of my friends did..and we ended up going to another rest after that..:D

Archana said...

You liked the injera??? Wah, I thought it tasted like pulichu-pona dosai :-((! But yeah, I did like the rest of the dishes - they tasted very Indian. Now they have opened a Ethiopian buffet near my work place :-)!

Shilpa said...

The injera was different (I haven't eaten dosa in ages )...

Hmm...will i goto kereje again ?
Probably not :-P

Ginkgo said...

lolz@ pulichu pona dosai...

actually it was quite cold..and first time there, I asked for a warm one...freshly prepared:D

and she said thts how it iz done..
they do it at one go...

So I told her, keep it in the microwave and gimme..

She gave me one odd look and said..
no it wont be good that way..
Trust me..eat this and u will like it..or else itz on us..:-D

and wat do u think I wud have said...

Shilpa said...

Ha !
We also asked the lady to heat it up...she refused flatly....and we also got an odd look from her....