Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Exam week


I hate exams. Its the dead week right now. But since I am going to India next week, I am taking my final this week on Friday. I have been really busy and hardly found time to study. I just looked at my book and panicked. When did the professor teach all this stuff ? Looks I have slept through a lot of lectures. :-( And since its a comprehensive final, I've loads to study.

The most important task (other than studying) is making the cheat sheet; which I consider an art form by itself. I am allowed to take one A4 size page. And I think I have atleast 150-200 equations to squeeze in. I better start the miniaturization process soon. The book for this course ( Statistical Mechanics) is difficult to read and so very boring. A remedy for insomnia. Looks like I have night-outs to do. Sigh !

And if all this was not hard enough, I have to make a question paper i.e., give a test for my Astronomy class. That's a pain too ! Now I know why profs repeat questions. :-)

I know my prof would probably repeat questions from last time; unfortunately I don't have any old papers. Boo Hoo Hoo. I wish I had some desi seniors. They are better informed and more helpful than non-desis.
-------------------------------
Update on Friday after Exam:

The Exam went well...not bad not good....I am happy that I am done with it. Yipee.

6 comments:

Krish said...

I wish I could help but you see my problem is I haven't studied Greek and Latin :-)

Archana said...

Good luck with your exams and your miniaturization process! When you are done with ur statistical mechanics book, please to give it to me...I shall use it as a sleep-aid ;-)!

Ginkgo said...

okay...I cud help you out with getting a A+..., esp if it is a theory/multiple choice type of paper:-)

But that would mean letting the world know of my dishonest methods

Dont think I'd wanna do that..:-)

statistical mechanics??

wat are you doing your MS in?

Shilpa said...

Stat Mech is NOT Greek and Latin....its worse !!!!

Archu, I've better recommendations if u want sleep-aid...esp research papers...hehehe...

Ginkgo, unfortunately the paper is not multiple-choice; its only problems...:-((

mes doing MS in Physics !!

Stat Mech is one of the easier subjects...I have had far worse subjects :-((

jeenu said...

hey shilpa
all the best for your exams :)
it will get over soon girl
cheers
jeenu

Shilpa said...

Hey Jeenu

thanx for the luck...i need it ;-)

as of now i've got sick and tired of reading and don't care abt it...heheheh...i guess im ready :-P