Saturday, March 04, 2006

Day 3 - afternoon and later

The morning activities finally came to an end. I decided to change from saree into a more comfortable salwar-kameez so that I can eat lunch with fewer tensions. My favourite colour is black and so I bought a very pretty georgette dress. I decided to change into this; as soon as I came out, all hell broke loose. Relatives from every direction literally pounced on me and yelled at me for having worn black color ! They were like 'whose permission did you take for wearing this'; and I was like,' excuse me, who's permission do I need'; this argument went on and I refused to change. After all, it was just to have lunch and then go home. It was a matter of less than an hour ! But no one understood my point !! And when I asked for a reason why I should not wear black, there were no concrete answers. Tradition was not a very satisfactory answer. My mother and mother-in-law did not care about this and so I could get away with it.

The lunch was very nice; it was a typical Kerala style cuisine; avvial, kalan, payasam, vadai, appalam, rasam, sambar, moorkozambu, beans and some other things which I cannot remember. Then after food, we ( Archu, Prasanna, Anu and I ) left for home, which was nearby thankfully. We all went off to sleep immediately.

After a nap, it was time to get ready for the sangeet. I wore a sleeve-less gagra choli made of italian crepe. I simply loved this dress. It had a very pretty colour too. We had a short photo session while waiting for the driver to pick us up. We reached the mandap at around 7pm.

3 comments:

BZ said...

I want pictures :)

All your dresses sound suppper. :))

Archana Bahuguna said...

yeah, you need to put a picture ...
and good, you wore black :-) i remember what hoopla was made on my sister's wedding when I wore a black and golden lehenga ... :-)

Shilpa said...

SK,
i will upload pics soon..with description abt the sangeet

archana,
u wore black too ? nice !!
i can just abt imagine the uproar..