Thursday, March 16, 2006

Oops...I did it again !

I wasted time again ! Funny how time flies esp during a break ! I kept thinking that I have lots of time to do my homework and assignment. Ha ! It just struck me that its thursday evening and my vacation is almost over. Sigh ! I have to start my school work today and atleast finish some by tomorrow evening. Going to Austin tomorrow evening and will be there for the weekend. Party time !!

I decided to get a hair-cut today. I was very tempted to chop it and make it short again ( I had a boy cut before my mom forced me to grow it out for the wedding). The hair-dresser asked me how short she should cut it; finally I decided to maintain the length and just got layers.

And while at it, I decided to color my hair too. How about the purple as suggested long back? That would surely add color to my life. Or maybe I will get one bang in shocking pink. Finally I chose a boring brown. I think I will get highlights done later.

While I was there, I realised no one is happy with their hair. The ones who have it straight, want it curled. The ones who have it curly, want it straight. I don't like mine either; its wavy - neither straight nor curly ! Grrr...

And I am always amazed to see very old ladies come there for a hair cut/style/perm. There was an old lady today who could not even walk without help. What enthu even at this age ! I can never imagine my Grandmom going to style her hair at the parlor !! It is nice to see that some folks don't let age be a factor is getting what they want.

14 comments:

Archana said...

Pictures please!

BZ said...

Yes, we want pictures. ;) I love straight hair. Its always grass is greener on the other side no?

And hey nice template now :)

Archana said...

Hey template nalla irukku :-)! BTW, purple, pink appadi-ippadinnu aasai kaamichuttu you finally tell you colored it brown :-(! Sigh!

Shilpa said...

Archu,
Pictures huh ? I will keep that in mind and take some over the weekend.

Rahul,
I am sure u miss the 'austinites' ... but what makes u think they miss u ;-) hehehe

Madsies,
I hv done a lot of experiments with hair color...and trust me...seeing my pics will only make u decide NOT to color ur hair hehehe..read my old post on it...has a link with pics too
http://shilpaandvikram.blogspot.com/2005_11_01_shilpaandvikram_archive.html

SK,
Yeah Grass is always greener on the other side..am I deduce that you have curly hair ?

Archana,
Sorry man..I din't have the mood to do some crazy stuff yesterday (for a change)...BUT maybe u can do it now hehehe

Template,
Thank u Thank u !
I chnaged it yday night and it gave me some errors..so I just left it..today morning is has magically changed hehehe

Krish said...

You get to change a lot of things (incl. your template ;-))

Archana Bahuguna said...

Hey shilpa

nice template ..seems like every one is on a template changing spree ... u havnt posted ur photos still :-) the purple and pick is what we are looking fwd o for next time :-)

Ginkgo said...

yeh, pics please..

And...are u a gemini...:-)

Shilpa said...

Archana,
I got inspired to change the template after seeing the number of times you changed yours :-)
Abt the purple hair color.. I will save it for next time..hehehe

Gingko,
No I am not Gemini :-P
What makes you think I am one ?

Archana Bahuguna said...

hehehe Shilpa ... you know all this everchanging-template-syndrome is only a processs to reach one that I really like a lot and can stick too. So, u can expect activity in near future also. :-)

Shilpa said...

I agree with u completely...change parameters till we finally reach what we are looking for :-)

Shilpa said...

Ann,

I guess we're typical students :-)

Unknown said...

Prefer straight hair any day, like you mine is wavy too :(( I think straight haired people who want their hair curly are mad :)

Shilpa said...

WA,
Thank God for the straightner !

Thanu said...

I wud rather straight or curly hair, like U I have wavy hair and all i can say is thank god for straight irons