Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Jaani Dushman - A review

I saw one of the funniest movies ever yesterday night. I have to thank my cousin, Anusha from Mumbai for suggesting this movie. She told me that it would surely make me laugh and it did. I was ROFL most of the time.

This movie was released in 2002 and has a big star cast ( Akshay Kumar, Sunil Shetty, Aftab, Arshad Warsi, Manisha Koirala, Rambha, Raj Babbar, Sunny Deol and many others). It is a super-natural horror story. The director/producer cast his son as the ichadari nag ( snake that assumes any shape). I wonder how Bollywood churns such movies !

Oh well, it sure provides entertainment for bored Graduate Students :-)

I've written the complete review in my other blog. You can find it here.

Has anyone else seen this movie ?

7 comments:

BZ said...

Oh my god Shilpa :)
U know, someone told me about this movie (online) that it is verrry good, and I believed it, :(, I got it to watch. Lets say I did not watch it for more than 15 minutes. :)

Archana said...

ROFL - haahahhahaha :-D! Thank you for providing my morning dose of laughter! The story is simply unbelievable... lol! I remember some of my friends in Davis had seen it and they looked traumatised for days after that!!

p.s. BTW, you forgot to add the "ek anokhi kahani" tag after the title.

Archana Bahuguna said...

Please watch "James". Since I watched that, I have been confident that I too can make a movie. Its like just do anything. That simple.

Shilpa said...

Madsies,
Watch it by all means...but remember my warning abt watching it with company !!

SK,
it is good..but in a different way ;-)
the best part is after the ichadari nag shows up...its hilarious...watch it again !

Archu,
Now u know wat I was doing when u called me yday :-) I was ROFL
I added the " ek anokhi kahanai" in my review (in the end)

Archana,
These movies are "so" good that you feel like taking making a movie yourself na ? I wonder if they even have a script...maybe they would assemble at the sets in the morning and decide how to "twist" the story...

Ginkgo said...

bored 'married'graduate students:-)
:-P

kuttichuvaru said...

this very much looks like tat age old tamil movie called 'neeya?'.... sripriya, kamal, vijayakumar n a lot of ppl... it was made nearly 20 yrs ago i guess...

Shilpa said...

Gingko,
Even my bored 'unmarried' roomates had fun watching this movie :-)

Kuttichuvaru,
20 yrs ago ? Thats loooong back...and I've not seen 'neeya'