Monday, March 13, 2006

Spring Break

The best thing about Spring semester is undoubtedly the Spring Break. I wonder why we don't have summer break and fall break.

On Friday night, K, B and I went to a very interesting club called Lizard Lounge. Thankfully it had nothing to do with Lizards ( I am terrified of them). There were two dance floors; one had techno music (yipee) and the other had many kinds but mostly hip-hop and new songs. The techno music was very good and I was very happy. They even had a DJ competition and it was interesting. Many people on the dance floor danced with small lights; they were small tubes filled with some liquid that would glow when switched on. I wonder what they are. The light trail was very hynotizing and looked really cool. Then I had to be dragged off the floor as it was time to head home. The thing I hate about going to a club is that the cigarette smoke filled rooms linger on the clothes with a nasty smell.

Then on Saturday I went to the public library and got half-a-dozen novels; mostly PG Wodehouse, re-reading Kane and Abel and a new author called Iris Jonansen. I finished 2 of wodehouse by yesterday evening and both of them were very funny.

Woke up late today. It feels great to sleep-in late on a Monday. Came up with a new name for my blog. Three cheers to haddockisms. I came across this website with all his curses and they were very funny.

12 comments:

Ginkgo said...

enzoy...south padre poytu vaa:-)

Ginkgo said...

lolz jus checked the title..
maan...tht fella ..Captain Haddock:-D

Shilpa said...

hey ginkgo,
south padre le ennaku pakare mari onnume ille :-)
bikini filled sights in the beach don't appeal to me ;-)

chk the site i mentioned...its hilarious !!

Archana said...

I think I will rename my blog "Dictatorial duck billed diplodocus!"...lol! I love Tintin mainly for Captain Haddock's curses!

Shilpa said...

Archu,

Addle-pated lumps of anthracite!

How can u copy my idea ?

btw, i did contemplate btw blistering barnacles and the duck billed diplodocus...this one just happened to be my fav :-)

Krish said...

Shilpa, good name but err, it's barnacles ;-)

rads said...

hahaha.. love Tintin. :-)

I thought iRebel suited you well :p

Shilpa said...

Thennavan,
Oops...thanks for pointing out the mistake......i don't know how I wrote spelling when i had barnacles in mind :-)

Rads,
I liked that name too; except that I don't rebel all the time :-)
I am sure I will get bored with this name too...so for now BobBBB it is !!

Archana Bahuguna said...

:-) Good title. Tintin and Haddock and snowy :-) and the professors :-) It just brings a smile.

Great that you had a nice break ..

So, you read PG Wodehouse?.. I read a couple of them, they are too good and very funny! The guy has a great sense of humor.. and its so subtle ...

BZ said...

heyyy werent u going somewhere for spring break??
I love Tintin too! Read those books hundred times over and over :))

kuttichuvaru said...

ippdi ellam title vechaa enna maathiri chinna pasanga ellam eppdi padikkarathu??

Shilpa said...

Archana,
I love Tintin comics too. I agree with u abt Wodehouse :-)

SK,
I was supposed to visit my hubby; that din't happen due to many reasons. So I am just cooling my heels here.

Madsies,
Kannada gotha nimege ?
( u said 'enjoy maadi')

Kuttichuvaru,
idhu chinna pasanga padikira mari blog ille :-P